Someone asked for my Pizza Dough recipe, so here it is. I got this from my brother primarily, but have tweaked it slightly
- 2.5 Tablespoons of Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 1.5 cups of warm water
- 3.5 cups of Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 1 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Make the Dough
- Dissolve Yeast and Sugar in warm water
- Sift Flour (I sift it directly into my Kitchen aid mixer bowl)
- My siblings add extra Gluten here. For each cup of Flour, remove one tablespoon of Flour and add in one Tablespoon of Gluten. I do not do this.
- If you're adventurous you can add extra seasoning to the dough at this stage; Basil works really well.
- If you saved a small dough ball from your last batch; add it to this batch to give this batch a sour dough taste.
Make the Pizza
- Heat Oven to 550 degrees
- Put Flour on Counter; roll out dough with a rolling pin. Add additional flour to rolling pin / on top of dough if dough sticks to Rolling pin (or counter)
- Roll up Sides of Dough (I do two rolls to make the edge of the pizza)
- Add sauce, cheese and toppings
- Cook for about 10 minutes