This showed up on Facebook and I thought I'd make it into a blog post for no particular reason.
OK, I'm doing the random fact game. Here are 7 random facts about me you might not know.
- Early names suggestions for my last 'major' band, Far Cry Fly, were Ampersand, Kermit's Children, and Fozzie's Malaise.
- I have taken saxophone lessons, piano lessons, and voice lessons. I have taught myself guitar, bass, and drums. Other musicians say I have a great sense of timing and I accredit that to Steve Chetcuti, my saxophone teacher.
- My house is full of Cabbage Patch Kids, Webkins, and other random stuffed animals. We call them our "Imaginary perfect children." Someday I want to write a book about them and it will be a "Rugrats meet Winnie the Pooh" sort of thing.
- I have written 3 books that were published by Osborne McGrawhill. I am currently working on the fourth. These are technical books.
- I have participated in February Album Writing Month for four years straight; writing and recording 14 songs during the month of February. If you Google my name, some may come up on the Internet. But I'm not sure. I posted some songs on some music sites; but I forget the names.
- I make my own Dairy Free ice cream. Since it is Dairy Free perhaps it shouldn't be called ice cream? But, it is the same concept made with an ice cream maker.
- My band, Far Cry Fly, once got kicked off stage a few songs into our set. The owner walked up and said "play one more song and get off." because people were not dancing to us.