And now for something non-technical. A friend asked for my hamburger recipe. I've made this with both ground beef and ground turkey and we really like the taste. It works great for meatballs too:
- 1-1.5 Pounds of Ground Meat (Beef or Turkey). I buy the biggest package I can at BJs and split it in half.
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Breadcrumbs (I use Panko Bread Crumbs which I run through a Food Processor and make very fine. The measurement of 1 cup is after they are food processed)
- Seasonings (This is what we use)
- 2 teaspoons of Parsley
- 2 teaspoons of Onion Powder (or Diced Onions)
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Mix all Ingredients Together. I use a KitchenAid Stand mixer; but you could also do it with your hands.
- Form into patties [or Meatballs]
- Bake in Oven at about 400 degrees for 10 minutes. This only partially cooks them; so if you want to eat right away you can bake for a bit longer.
- Store in freezer or fridge until ready for your meal. Often before cooking I will stab them through the center with a knife.
I've toyed around with different seasonings to mixed results. But, everything has been edible. Add Red Pepper if you want something spicy. Add oregano and/or Italian Seasonings if you want something with an Italian flair.